First before buying and using a lawn mower there are few hazards one needs to be familiarized with. Lawn mower is a cutting machine designed to trim grass but has the potential to cut anything that is placed in its path. Even an old, worn blade can cause serious injuries!
- Keep an eye out for stray stuffs in the path of the mower.
- Items discharged from mowers can cause severe injury to other people in the area and/or to the operator when there is no guard in place.
- Property damage can also occur from thrown items from lawnmowers.
- If struck by the blades, these items can be thrown and travel at high speed.
- Mowers can also cause severe burns. The moving parts and the engine can remain hot for some time after the engine has been turned off.
- The Fuel from Petrol mowers can be very hazardous. Petrol is a highly explosive and flammable substance and thus ought to be treated with care.
How Do I Choose A Lawn Mower? Affordable Top 3 Lawnmowers
The lawn isn’t going to take care of itself; it doesn’t matter how many times you glare out the window.
If you want to maximize the amount of time you spend in front of the fireplace during cold winter days or basking on the poolside during summer, it pays to invest in a good lawnmower.
If you are already in the market for a lawnmower, we can help you out.
You can get low-cost lawnmowers for between $50 and $150, this is one product where it’s worth paying a little bit more for a better model.
Yes, there are high end and business lawn mowers that can cost be even over $1,000, but for the purpose of our product review, we only looked at models that were more wallet friendly for the average consumer and kept the price tag under $500
When you pay a little bit more for a lawn mower, you are not only going to get a product that is of better quality and construction, but you are also going to get one that is very reliable.
You can also get lawn mowers that do more than just cut your grass. No matter how much time and money you spend, there are some basic important factors to consider when researching for the best lawnmower
If you are looking to get that garden back in shape, we provide the best lawnmower reviews.
Trim your lawn with our picks of the best electrical, petrol, cordless, and manual lawnmowers.
Buying Guide for the Best Lawnmower
Whether you are looking for the best price lawnmowers or the best lawnmower for zoysia grass, we can help you.
Our job is to make sure that you get a lawnmower that meets your needs. For starters, here are a few factors to consider when shopping for a lawnmower.
Yes, the size of your lawn or how overgrown it is should be considered in the choice of your lawnmower. If it’s a small lawn, go with a small lawnmower and vice versa. Buy a lawnmower that can cope with longer grass if your lawn hasn’t been cut in a while.
Type of Lawnmower
Generally, there are three types of lawnmowers, each with its benefits and downsides. These are hover, rotary, and cylinder mowers. Hover mowers are ideal for awkwardly shaped terrains.
Rotary mowers work well with longer grass and bumpy loans. Cylinder mowers can give an awesome close-cut finish but to get good results, it must be used on a perfectly level lawn.
Manual, Cordless, Electric, Or Petrol Lawnmower?
Manual or push lawnmowers are perfect for people with really tiny lawns; you have to push it manually to cut grass.
If you have a really big lawn or overgrown grass, you are better off with a petrol mower. They are consistent and don’t choke easily.
Cordless mowers are battery-powered, best suited for lawns with sections that are hard to reach with a corded lawnmower.
Electric mowers are connected to a power source via a cord and can be used for small and medium-sized lawns. Compare lawnmowers to ensure that you choose one that fits your mowing needs.
If you are really desperate about getting that lawn back in shape and have no time to waste, check out our best pick below.
Our Top Pick:
Poulan Pro 961420141 PR675Y22RHP
Our top pick for the best home lawnmower is the Poulan Pro 961420141. This lawnmower is powered by a reliable Briggs & Stratton 625 Series engine and comes with bagging and side discharge options and 3-in-1 mulching capability.
The Poulan Pro 961420141 is a front wheel drive, self-propelled mower built for residential use. This mower comes with an inbuilt water hose connector for simple, quick clean up below the cutting deck.
Poulan Pro 961420141 Review
The Poulan Pro 961420141 PR675Y22RHP tops our list of the best home lawnmower for a good reason. It’s tough and reliable; it gets the job done thanks to the powerful Briggs & Stratton engine.
It comes with a Ready Start starting system, just push the button. No choke or priming required to get started.
For this quality mower, you can expect to pay somewhere in the range of $ 200 to $500. Don’t just look at the cost, consider the services that you are getting for your money – which means carefully considering the features this products has.
To save money, you don’t want to get one with more than you need, you exactly want to make sure that it’s one that’s not going to break down easily.
Obviously there are features that are customary for lawn mowers, some models go above and beyond – adding some user friendly features.
Ultimately it’s all about determining whether the features that a particular mower offers you good value for the money that you are going to spend.
For example, some of these features include variable cutting heights, no Prime, no Choke, and no More than two pulls Guaranteed and allows the operator to vary the speed of the mower for better control and comfort operations depending on the conditions of the lawn and/or pace preferences of the user.
- The front wheel drive makes the Poulan Pro 961420141 easy to push.
- Allows for greater control and comfort as the speed can be varied.
- Comes with the Just Check and Add technology. Just check the oil and add if needed. No mess.
Some users have complained of bent wheels making the mower hard to use.
Engine smoking/knocking after adding oil.
The Honda HRX217K5VKA is a 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow System Lawn Mower with Clip Director and MicroCut Blades 660250.
Whether you wish to discharge, mulch, or bag your grass, the Honda HRX217K5VKA revolutionary Versamow system with clip direct or allows you to mulch, bag, discharge and shred leaves – or even a combination of mulching and bagging simultaneously, simply slide the convenient clip direct or knob to choose how much grass is bagged or mulched, no tools or costly attachments are needed.
Easy-starting, fuel efficient and powerful, Honda premium residential GCV190 engines are legendary for offering years of reliable package, all Honda lawn mower engines are certified to meet 50-state EPA and CARB emission standards.
Choose your speed with Honda exclusive select drive: one can easily adjust the mower’s speed to your pace by rotating the speed adjust dial, followed by engaging the select drive lever for intuitive speed control with maximum comfort and convenience
Honda’s select micro-cut twin blades use four cutting surfaces that result in ultra-fine clippings for superior mulching and more clippings per bag, the end result is a perfect cut with less time spent discharging the bag, meaning less work.
HRX’s 21 in. deck is made with NeXite, this highly impact-resistant material does not dent, rust or corrode, and it’s so robust that it comes with a lifetime warranty from the manufacture.
Price-wise, the Honda HRX217K5VKA lawn mowers are not really the cheapest grass-cutting products around, because they offer advanced features.
Equipped with powerful motors, and other regulating mechanisms, these contraptions can easily be double or triple the price of a regular lawn mower.
However, you can find a relatively inexpensive model if you know where to look. The average price ranges from 500$. Don’t just look at the cost, consider the services that you are getting for your money.
- Comes with Select Drive control which you can engage for comfortable, intuitive speed control.
- Easy to assemble and adjust to personalize usage.
- You can choose how much grass is mulched or bagged sans costly attachments and tools.
- The design of the thumb control system of the Honda HRX217K5VKA causes hand cramping for some users.
- Speed control system can be way too fast even at its lowest setting.
Husqvarna LC221Ah 163cc Self-Propelled
All-Wheel Drive with Mulching Capability.
Estimated Price 400$
Husqvarna LC221Ah 163cc 21-in Self-Propelled All-Wheel Drive Residential Gas Lawn Mower with Mulching Capability from a well-known brand.
It sports a Briggs & Stratton engine that’s known for their top performance. The 3-in-1 cutting system comes with side-discharge, rear bag disposal, and mulching capabilities.
You can automatically shift between the two and four-wheel drive thanks to the industry-leading AWD system.
- Husqvarna 21-in all-wheel drive gas push mower is ideal for medium to large yards with hills, thick grass and tough terrain.
- Variable speed control with dual trigger drive activation allows you to adjust speed with either hand.
- Self-propelled drive with 11-in high, rear ball-bearing wheels guarantees smooth operation and maneuverability
- Powerful 163cc Briggs & Stratton ReadyStart ® engine with 2-pull starting promise offers easy and reliable starts, while Just Check & Add means you never have to change the oil for easy maintenance
- 21-in PremierCut provides higher lift for manicured professional-looking results, and 9-position deck allows you to cut the ideal grass length for the season and environments
- 3-in-1 design allows you to rear bag, side discharge or mulch grass clippings, so you can easily dispose or reuse them
- Deck wash feature means you can connect a garden hose to easily clean the underside of the mower deck
- Hardened steel blade is durable and easy to replace.
- The Husqvarna LC221Ah 163cc 21-in Self-Propelled comes with a 3-year limited warranty giveing you peace of mind
- Quick cutting height setting thanks to the easy height adjustment handle.
- Integrated water hose connection at the steel deck for easy cleaning.
- Starts on the first pull, goes anywhere, and handles anything
- After a few months of use, some users have issues with the engine dying mid-use and trouble starting it again.
- Lacks throttle control, it actually won’t cut any grass if the throttle setting is too low. It also tends to clog easily.
Your lawn needs to be cut every once in a while. Calling lawnmower services can be expensive in the long run, you might want to consider purchasing your own lawnmower.
Keep your lawn neat. Use this guide to make sure that you purchase the best lawnmower for your home.